Commit this to memory. Bookmark it. Print it out. Do whatever it is you do, because fashion week is THE week of the entire year and you will survive.
The Golden Rules of NOLAFW from us, just for you.
1. We have a list, and you’re name needs to be on it. There are over 30 events during NOLAFW- interesting and interactive workshops, this season’s most fashion-forward runway shows, and of course, tons of exclusive social soirees and after parties. And we want you there. For you to join us, you need tickets. Tickets can be purchased through Eventbrite here http://bit.ly/RiO2ye. Click “attend” and up pops a billing page, short and simple. However, for you die-hard socialites planning on attending most, if not all, of the events, consider purchasing a Scenester’s Circle support package. $150 grants access to every event (about $5 per event!) and swanky after party. Check it out here http://nolafw.com/support. If you were lucky enough to get invited by the NOLA Fashion Council, a designer or NOLAFW supporter, all you have to do is RSVP to the events of your liking and access is all yours!
2. Shout out to Google! Thanks to Google Maps, you won’t waste time getting lost downtown. Events are held at Bellocq and the Hotel Modern, La Thai, Martine Chaisson Gallery, Beta, Cellar Door, Goorin Bros., Union Lofts and the Saratoga. View this convenient map to spot locations in advance http://goo.gl/maps/Zw3eE. Pull out your iPhones and view through the Google Maps App for easy access. Technology these days…
3. #hastag #this and #that. Help us get the word out! Building the fashion industry in NOLA takes a lot of buzz and a lot conversation. Getting the message out through social media is key. The official hashtags for NOLA FW S/S ’13 are #NOLAFW and #SS13. Take pictures, tag the designers. Show the world your meticulously planned outfit and just maybe you’ll land on someone’s Best Dressed List.
4. Is it time to hire a stylist? Planning your NOLAFW outfits shouldn’t cause heart palpitations. Don’t fret. It’s fashion and anything goes. Look and feel your best. Be daring and don’t be afraid to pull out that fully sequined vintage shift dress from your great-grandmother’s closet.
5. Grab Bag of Fun. So what essentials should you throw in your NOLAFW tool bag? Your will need to show your party confirmations for starters, don’t forget them! Camera/iPhone, you don’t want to miss an artsy Instagram with your fashionista friends on the front row of the runway (insert Lo-Fi filter here). Band-aids. We know your feet will be begging for relief after wearing 5-inch pumps all night. Red lipstick. What’s fashion week without your feisty YSL tube in Rouge Volupte? Cab fare. Don’t fool yourselves. You know these will be nights to remember.
6. Behind the veil. Wondering how 76 hours of programming miraculously just happens? Check out our NOLA Fashion Council, the never-stopping fashion warriors creating methods to all of the madness!
Does this help? We hope we’ve thought of everything. Now pop some bubbly and let the countdown to NOLAFW begin in 3…2…